- PERSONAL BANKING
- BRANCHES & ATMS
- ONLINE BANKING
Home > About > Scholarship
2017 SHPFCU Scholarship Winners
Congratulations to the four scholarship winners chosen for the 2017-2018 school year. There were many impressive applicants, making the committee’s decision very difficult.
The State Highway Patrol Federal Credit Union awarded four scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each to State Highway Patrol Federal Credit Union members. The educational scholarships are for the 2017-18 school year.
This year's winners are:
- Tai Lin-Song Knoll
- Jenna Burrier
- George Thomas King
- Emily Schneider
Congratulations to our winners and best of luck in the upcoming school year to all of our winners and applicants!
About the SHPFCU 2017 Scholarship
The deadline for this year's scholarships was March 31, 2017. The application process is now closed.
The State Highway Patrol Federal Credit Union is offering educational scholarships for the 2017-18 school year. Four scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $1,000 each to State Highway Patrol Federal Credit Union members.
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Must be a member, in good standing, of the State Highway Patrol Federal Credit Union. NOTE: You must be a member with an account in your own name, or a spouse who is a joint owner on the primary member’s account. Become a member.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a legal citizen of the U.S.
- Must be enrolled, or will be enrolled, in an accredited college, university, or trade school.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Must be attending college during the school year listed on the scholarship application.
Applications will be reviewed by the State Highway Patrol Federal Credit Union Scholarship Committee. The Scholarship Committee consists of the Board of Directors and Credit Union Staff members. Academic Record, Financial Need and Personal Statement, Community Service/School Activities, and Essay each accounts for up to 25% of the overall score.
Each award will be paid directly to the scholarship winner. The award will be deposited into the winner's account held at SHPFCU after June 1st, 2017.
Please call 1-800-282-3006 and ask for the Scholarship Coordinator.