- PERSONAL BANKING
- BRANCHES & ATMS
- ONLINE BANKING
Home > Personal Banking > Savings > Share Savings & Blue Max Savings
Share Savings Accounts
A minimum amount of $5 is all you need to apply for membership in the credit union. This $5 (one share) is actually a savings account. You can add to your share account at any time. Your share represents your ownership in the credit union. As a member-owner, you have the right to vote on the election of board and supervisory committee members, who oversee the management of the credit union.
If you would like to become a member of the SHPFCU, click here.
The credit union currently offers these convenient ways to access your share account:
- Visit our Columbus office located at 1900 Polaris Parkway, Suite 400, Columbus, OH 43240, or our academy office located in the State Highway Patrol Academy building. (Limited Access)
- Shared Branching
- Mail your deposit or withdrawal request.
- Send a deposit using the Remote Deposit Capture feature within our Mobile Banking.
- Phone or fax*.
- Access your account any time using our 24 hour touch tone telephone system*.
- Automatic Payroll Deduction or Direct Deposit. Please call the credit union for more information.
- EFT( Electronic Funds Transfer). Please call the credit union for more information*.
- Wire Transfers*.
Saving at your credit union provides these other great benefits:
- Your one share investment in the credit union typically pays above-market dividends.
- Your money earns dividends from the day of deposit to the day of withdrawal. Dividends are paid on the last day of the quarter.
- Your credit union deposits are safe and secure. The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an independent agency of the federal government, protects every dollar deposited up to $250,000 with the credit union.
Blue Max Savings
Award yourself. Save more. Earn more.
Blue Max Savings is an exclusive benefit only for members of SHPFCU. The Blue Max Award exemplifies service and is awarded for excellence. With Blue Max Savings, you can award yourself a higher interest rate. It is a tiered account that allows you to earn more dividends as your balance increases.
- Tier 1 $2,500 – $9,999
- Tier 2 $10,000 – $24,999
- Tier 3 $25,000 – $49,999
- Tier 4 $50,000 – $99,999
- Tier 5 $100,000 +
If you have extra savings and want to earn higher dividends than our regular share savings, consider a share certificate (also known as a CD). You cannot withdraw your funds during the pre-selected length of the term without penalty, but you will most likely earn a higher rate than our other savings options. Please see our Rates page for rates and terms.
- Guaranteed or fixed rate of return
- Short- and long-term investing
- Low initial opening deposit (as little as $500)
- Certificates are federally insured by the NCUA
Christmas Club Savings Account
SHPFCU’s Christmas Club is the easy way to save for the holidays!
Deposit money with each paycheck or as often as you want to build your savings over time. Even if you only save a little each week, the savings will take the stress out of holiday shopping at the end of the year!
Start saving now for next holiday season; open a Christmas Club Account today!
- Start any time with as little as $5.00
- Choose from direct deposit, automatic transfers, or make deposits at any time
- Receive funds October 31st when your funds are automatically deposited into your Share account
- Withdraw your transferred funds from your Share Account at one of our branches, using a Shared Branch location, at an ATM, or by requesting a check to be sent to your home address
SHPFCU charges a penalty for early withdrawals from the Christmas Club.
Your deposits are insured by the NCUA
Your deposits are insured up to $250,000 per account by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the federal government. Calculate your total deposit insurance with NCUA's Online Share Insurance Calculator.
*Federally regulated (Reg D) share transactions are limited to six (6) transactions per month. Any combination of the following constitutes share transactions limited by Reg D:
- ACH withdrawals from savings (preauthorized electronic payments).
- Transfers from shares by telephone or fax (includes touch tone telephone transactions).
- Wires by telephone or fax.
- Online banking transfers from savings to checking.
- Non-sufficient funds transfers from savings to checking.
Each member is allowed any combination of 6 of the above transactions per month. After 6 transactions, additional transactions may be subject to a fee and the account may be closed.
Your family members may be eligible, too!
Your immediate family is eligible to join State Highway Patrol Federal Credit Union and get the benefits of membership. Some restrictions may apply. Contact us for details.