- PERSONAL BANKING
- BRANCHES & ATMS
- ONLINE BANKING
About State Highway Patrol Federal Credit Union
The State Highway Patrol Federal Credit Union was founded January 14th, 1960, in Jackson, Ohio. The official name was OSHP – District 9 Federal Credit Union. One year later, the official name of the credit union was changed to State Highway Patrol Federal Credit Union and the field of membership was expanded to include the State Highway Patrol statewide.
The credit union main office is now located in the Mettler Toledo building in Columbus at 1900 Polaris Pkwy Suite 400, and our second location is located in the State Highway Patrol Training Academy.
Today the credit union is a full-service financial institution serving members throughout Ohio. In 2015, the credit union passed the $60 million asset threshold.
We have certainly grown through the years; however, our mission is still to serve the financial needs of our members by offering quality products and outstanding service, while remaining a financially sound institution.
Our field of membership consists of the following:
- Current/active full time State Highway Patrol employees and their families.
- Retired State Highway Patrol employees and their families.
- OSHP Retirement System employees and their families.
- Ohio Troopers Coalition employees and their families.
- State Highway Patrol Federal Credit Union full-time employees and their families.
- Ohio State Highway Patrol Auxiliary members and their families.
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union; employees of this credit union; persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment; members of the immediate family or household; or organizations of such persons.
Eligible family members include:
- Parents, Grandparents (including by marriage)
- Children (including stepchildren)
- Grandchildren. (including step grandchildren)
In addition to a 13-member Board of Directors, we also have a three member supervisory committee, which is in charge of engaging the annual CPA audit and verifying closed accounts, among other duties.
While we are committed to continued growth, our main goal is to be a financial institution our members can rely on, a credit union that is receptive to the needs of its members.
Board of Directors:
- Ken Kocab – President, GHQ
- Eric Short – Vice President, District #2
- Mark Nichols, Secretary, District 5
- Matt Them – Treasurer, At Large
- Martina Jackson – BOD Member, District #3
- Jerrod Savidge – BOD Member, District #1
- Gil Jones – BOD Member, Retiree
- Matt Evans – BOD Member, District #9
- Nate Dickerson – BOD Member, District #6
- Eric Sheppard – BOD Member, At Large
- Clint Arnold – BOD Member, District #8
- Nickolas (Nick) Goodnite – BOD Member, District #7
- Bob Warner - At Large
- Bob Warner, Chair
- Brenda Collins
- Charles T. Williams Jr. (Tracy)